The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
TS/SCI with Polygraph is Required.
- At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required;
- At least six (6) years developing software using the Java programming language. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years.
- At least four ( 4) years demonstrated experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX and Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems. At least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years;
- Experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist;
- Familiarity with the software development process described in the MIL-STD498, J-STD-016, and/or US 12207 and possess at least two (2) years of experience developing software in accordance with these standards;
- At least six (6) years in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing;
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 process structure;
- Experience "wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework;
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products;
- Developing of Framework infrastructure and services within one of the SOA design patterns;
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization of service-based Framework infrastructure and services;
- Developing of custom adapters allowing the integration of legacy (i.e., capabilities not developed as services) capabilities with service-based Framework infrastructure and services
- At least four (4) years of either C or C++ Windows/Linux programming experience;
- Experience in development within the Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE);
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of Hadoop and Map Reduce frameworks.
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software as a component of SIGINT solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer.