Provide hardware engineering expertise to analyze complex hardware systems, hardware design, architecture, network design and other technical hardware issues. Procure and perform acceptance testing on equipment. Provide hardware maintenance support, both preventative and remedial. Deploy, install, and implement hardware at Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS). Prepares specifications for hardware by analyzing documented and derived system requirements. Conduct site surveys. Prepares engineering plans and site Technical Design Packages. Organize and direct hardware installations. Configure (and document configuration of) computers, networking devices and various peripheral equipment. Prepare site installation and test reports. Ensure that problems have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user’s requirements. Prepare reports and recommendations concerning existing and emerging hardware technologies. Provide specific input to the hardware components of system design to include end-user devices, servers, networking devices, data storage devices, and specialized processors.
TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
- Analyze hardware specifications and system/subsystem requirements to conceive and document a practical design for hardware components to include servers, network devices, transmission media, storage devices, user interface devices, and special processors
- Prepare functional requirements and specifications for hardware acquisitions
- Ensure that problems with operational hardware have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user’s requirements
- Assist with preparing installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Conduct site surveys; assesses and documents current site network configuration and site- unique requirements
- Recommend specifications for hardware acquisitions
- Prepare engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages
- Develop hardware installation schedules based upon set-up, integration, and test timelines
- Prepare drawings documenting as-built configurations at each site
- Prepare site installation and test reports
- Configure computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment
- Train site personnel in proper use of hardware
- Prepare installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Organize and directs hardware installations across multiple sites
- Analyze and recommend hardware specifications for project-unique or modified commercial hardware
- Assist with building simulations of proposed systems and provides hardware throughput analyses to system engineers
- Design and verify test harnesses/simulated interfaces for all test and integration phases
- Prepare Mean-Time-Between-Failure and Mean-Time-To-Repair analyses
- Analyze operational data to identify choke points, failure modes, and other data for design or maintainability improvements
- Fourteen (14) years experience as a HE analyzing complex hardware systems for SIGINT solutions is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional hardware engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.