The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience of planning, implementing, testing, documenting, and maintaining solutions for the integration and testing of custom developed and COTS/GOTS components, elements, subsystems and/or systems.
- Shall have demonstrated the ability to communicate directions and provide guidance to senior testers;
- Shall be able to synthesize customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints;
- Shall be able to establish functional and technical specifications and standards, solve hardware/software interface problems, define input/output parameters, and ensure integration of the entire system or subsystem;
- Shall be able to review, evaluate and derive requirements for testability, develop, and execute comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for complete systems and/or subsystems;
- Shall be able to coordinate subsystem and/or system testing activities with programs and other organizations;
- Shall be able to perform analysis of test results and prepare comprehensive subsystem and/or system level evaluation reports which verify and validate system performance;
- Shall be able to write discrepancy reports and perform integration regression testing to verify/validate incorporated fixes to software, components, subsystems and systems;
- Shall have experience with test automation tools. e.g. IBM Rational Robot, Mercury Interactive LoadRunner, QuickTest or Selenium.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.