The Software Engineer – Junior Level shall participate in all phases of the software lifecycle from requirements definition through design, development, integration and test in various object-oriented and scripted languages (e.g. Java Script, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby) with minimal supervision. They shall apply industry best practices to all development efforts and review, analyze and modify software systems including coding, testing, debugging, installing and documenting and supporting system administrators with the installation of software applications and shall develop training materials as tasked. The Software Engineer – Junior Level shall guide users in formulating requirements, advise on alternative approaches and conduct feasibility studies as required.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline or four (4) years demonstrated experience in full lifecycle software development to include requirements definition, design, development, peer reviews, unit testing, integration and test.
- Two (2) years combined experience in each of the following:
- Software development in object-oriented and scripted languages (e.g. Java Script, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby);
- Object-oriented design and analysis;
- Authoring or coauthoring software documentation.
- Two (2) years combined experience in one or more of the following:
- Public Key technologies (e.g. Public Key based authentication mechanism) for applications;
- Enabling row and column security;
- Virtual Private Databases; and
- Dynamically loading data to database from XML.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.