Provides network engineering support for local and globally- distributed networks of varying sizes and configurations, and provide system administration, sustainment, and enhancement to include: management of a pool of virtual, mixed environments; remote health and status monitoring; design, sustainment, and enhancement of computer and system architectures; engineering support for lab systems, fielding of systems, and support of fielded systems; creation, sustainment, and enhancement of system documentation; the physical installation of network equipment, racks, and infrastructure (both locally and at field sites); and research support for the design of network systems
- Incorporate new technology into advanced development prototypes for next-generation front-end systems
- Provide engineering support for network processor research labs, fielding of systems, and support of fielded systems
- Act as a System Administrator for both in-house equipment and that in the field
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is required
- Possession of one (1) or more of the following certifications is required: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Microsoft Certified Solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technically similar degree from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree
- Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of five (5) years experience establishing LANs, to include creation and configuration of common services (U) Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of five (5) years assembling and configuring equipment racks comprised of RAIDs, switches, and Linux hosts, and the installation of fiber optic and copper cabling
- Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of five (5) years administering Linux systems, to include installation of servers using PXE (e.g. Cobbler/Kickstart), producing RPMs for custom software installation, and/or the installation of Ubuntu and RedHat
- Within the last five (5) years, a minimum of three (3) years experience with large system administration (>100 nodes) for geographically distributed systems of systems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.