Provide support for the installation, configuration, tuning, and management of large Hadoop (Apache Accumulo) clusters that support data intensive computing. Includes installation and maintenance of tools required for the cloud environment, as well as monitoring and sustainment of the cloud environment, to include the identification and resolution of issues, problems, and trouble tickets related to the same. TS/SCI with Polygraph Required.
- Configure, troubleshoot and manage large Hadoop clusters at a scale from 200-2400 nodes
- Identify and run software tools to manage and monitor large compute clusters in an efficient manner
- Identify and resolve hardware and software problems related to the Hadoop / Apache Accumulo cluster environment
- Install, configure, and maintain tolls needed for Hadoop / Apache Accumulo cluster environment
- Within the last ten (10) years, a minimum of seven (7) years experience managing and monitoring large Hadoop clusters (>200 nodes)
- Within the last ten (10) years, a minimum of five (5) years experience writing software scripts using at least two (2) of the following scripting languages: Perl, Python, and/or Ruby for software automation
- Within the last ten (10) years, a minimum of five (5) years experience implementing and providing technical support for multi-platform, multi-system networks, including those composed of CISCO and UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms, to include the diagnosis and resolution of issues
- Within the last ten (10) years, a minimum of five (5) years experience implementing network solutions for complex, high performance systems composed of UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms.
- A minimum of two (2) utilizing OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, Apache Accumulo, and/or Big Table
- A minimum of three (3) years experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.